An excellent round-up of the current solutions available to install NTFS read/write support on MacOSX 10.7.x Lion (in case, for some sad reason, you really have to deal with NTFS filesystems ;-)).
People (and not only students… who actually are also people ;-)) frequently ask me what fundamental computer related skills are necessary for developing a Digital Arts activity/career.
An excellent answer is given by Golan Levin in this video.
I summarize it here:
- learn a text based computer language (e.g. Java/Processing, C/C++/ObjC/OpenFrameworks, etc);
- learn a patch based computer language (e.g. PureData, MAX/MSP, etc);
- learn a micro-controller programming environment (e.g. Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBoard (which are actually true PCs in a board, and not simple controller boards);
- learn how to use a video editing suite (e.g. iMovie, FinalCut, Premier, etc);
- learn how to model using a 3D modeling app (e.g. Google SketchUp, Blender, Maya, 3D Studio Max, Cinema4D, etc);
- learn how to manipulate audio (e.g. Audacity, Sonic Visualizer, Adobe Audition, Apple Logic, Protools, etc) – this one was added by me 😉
Anyway, these are the days where technology is, as it probably never was, at the service of creative (and artistic) minds. So, “just do it” [Nike, 1988], and “yes, we can” [Obama, 2008]! 😉